The mission of the Education department is to enable education leaders throughout the region to pursue the church’s educational vision of developing each school’s ability to restore God’s image in its students.
The activities of the department focus on achieving five key goals:
- Ethos – to ensure all schools exhibit an obvious Adventist ethos which includes a strong spiritual tone and a nurturing learning environment
- People – to develop supportive and cooperative relationships amongst all levels of Adventist education and other departments of the church
- Curriculum – to ensure that there is a well-resourced and balanced curriculum that is professionally delivered and meets the students’ learning needs both now and in the future
- Financial Resources – to develop strategies that will adequately fund the strategic direction taken by the department
- System – to develop a high quality system of education that facilitates the church’s educational vision.