HARVEST VICTORIA – EVANGELISM TRAINING AT GILSON COLLEGE TAYLORS HILL NEW
Join us at the next Harvest Victoria Evangelism Training:
Theme: Victoria – Our Time Has Come
Date: 4th of August 2018
Location: 150 Taylors Rd, Taylors Hill 3037
- Come and Go – the Secret of Success!
- How to Give a Bible Study
- Answering Objections
Speakers: Pr. Andrew Jasper and Pr. Hensley Gungadoo
INAUGURAL ADVENTIST MEDICINE SUMMIT NEW
7-9 September 2018 at the Sydney Adventist Hospital Clinical Education Centre.
This Summit aims to share the Comprehensive Healthy Strategy to bring health, healing and hope to the community.
I’d like to encourage as many of you, your church leaders and your church members who have passion in health ministry to join this summit.
It promises to be a weekend full of learning and inspiration from all our keynote Speakers:
- David R. Williams, M. Div, MPH, MA, PhD from Harvard University
- Wayne S. Dysinger, MD, MPH from Loma Linda University
- Chester Kuma MD – Adventist Health Director at SPD
- Geraldine Przybylko, MBA, MPH – SPD Health Strategy Consultant
- Recent Research on Restorative activities: Lessons for coping with Stress in a Stress-filled world
- Future of Lifestyle Medicine and how our Church can play a vital role in meeting the needs of a Contemporary society
- Healthy and Unhealthy Spirituality: What the Science is teaching us
- Ted-talks on Brain Health and how Lifestyle plays a vital role (Topics include Pornography on the Brain and How Choice Impacts the Brain)
- Powerful workshops on putting what you have learnt into practice
- How to Create a Thriving Blended (healing and hope) ministry at your Local Church (for Church Leaders, Pastors and members)
- Integrating Evidence-based Lifestyle Therapeutic approaches into your practice (for Health Professionals)
For more information and registration, please visit http://www.adventisthealth.org.au/summit
Book now to secure your place as there is limited seating!
ADVENTCARE (PREVIOUSLY CORONELLA) NEW
AdventCare is preparing a history and would like to invite you to send any information, photographs or anecdotal stories please.
You can send through information to Lindy Sperring. email@example.com
FUNDRAISING FOOD SALE BY WERRIBEE CHURCH NEW
If you love food, curious about other food, this is the time and place to be!
An International Food Sale at 81 Baden Powell Drive Tarneit
July 28, Saturday at 6.30pm
We will have savoury and sweets from just half of the world- Samoan, Indian, Filipino, African, Japanese and many more.
Bring your appetite and cash for affordable feed and free fun!
Proceeds for this event will go to our church building fund.
So make sure to tag along family and friends! Well, strangers too if you can!
Want to know more? Ring Charen 0419 780 044
“LIVE MORE PROJECT” ONLINE – A RESEARCH STUDY NEW
Enrol in the “Live More Project” Online– A Research Study: The South Pacific Division invites you to be a part of an important Lifestyle Medicine research study. Boost your wellness and participate in the innovative new “Live More Project”, online and FREE for research participants. The program commences September 2018. Enrol online at: www.livemore.me/research
POSITIONS VACANT NEW
School Bus Driver – Part-time
Nunawading Christian College is seeking to employ a bus driver to transport students on its Nunawading to Croydon bus route commencing 1 October 2018.
The position is part-time, 20 hours per week, 5 days per week during the school terms with additional casual hours as required by the school. The successful driver will also have an MR licence.
If you are interested in knowing more about this position, please send your expression of interest to Lorraine Anthony, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Friday, 7 September 2018.
Support Services Director _ Pacific Adventist University (Port Moresby, PNG)
Pacific Adventist University is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Support Services Director. The role of the Support Services Director is to manage the organisation and operation of the various departments within the Support Services Department, including building maintenance, machinery, security, campus and grounds. They are also responsible for the oversight and management of all Special Projects undertaken by the University.
For more information, please visit the South Pacific Division’s Human Resources website at www.adventistemployment.org.au. All applications, including your CV, 3 work related referees, and a reference from your church pastor, must be forwarded to: Human Resources, Seventh-day Adventist Church (Pacific) Limited, Locked Bag 2014, Wahroonga N.S.W. 2076 AUSTRALIA; E-mail: email@example.com; Fax: (02) 9489 0943. Applications close: July 31, 2018
Departmental Personal Assistant – Part-time Position UPDATED
The Victorian Conference Office, Nunawading is seeking a Personal Assistant (20-24 hours per week) with excellent communication and organizational and computer skills, appropriate Secretarial/Office Administration qualifications or proven body of experience and values and qualities such as: integrity; honesty; confidentiality; trustworthiness; self-motivation and a vibrant Christian experience.
Applicants must apply in writing, possess the Job Description Mandatory Requirements and address the Key Selection Criteria; as well as provide their resume complete with references.
Please contact Craig Gillis, Conference Secretary for more information and a copy of the Job Description on: (03) 9264 7707 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit vic.adventist.org.au/adventist-employment. Applications close on Friday, 3rd August, 2018 at close of business and can be forwarded via email to email@example.com
AdventCare Yarra Ranges is an Aged Care Facility in Warburton, is seeking a Qualified Cook, who is looking for permanent part-time weekend work
The Cook is responsible for food safety and the provision of a variety of quality foods and beverages to meet AdventCare residents’ individual needs.
The successful applicant will have:
- Trade Cook Certificate – (mandatory – if applying for Cook position)
- Basic and advanced Food Handling Courses to meet the Food Safety
- Experience in residential aged care – 3 years
- Must have current successful Police Check – (mandatory)
- Successful applicant must be able to start on Saturday, 19 August 2017
- Hours required to work:
- Saturdays 0700- 1430
- Sundays 0700- 1430
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (03) 5966 4420 for a position description or if you have any queries.
Endorsed Nurses (ENs) – (Casual Position)
AdventCare is a ‘not for profit’ organisation offering aged care that embraces Christian values. We are seeking applications from Endorsed Enrolled Nurses for our Yarra Ranges Facility in Warburton, who are looking for a casual work.
The successful applicant/s will have:
- Experience in residential aged care
- Knowledge of ACFI and Aged Care Standards and Accreditation requirements.
- Wound Management Experience
- Positions subject to a successful Police Check
- Please email email@example.com or call (03)5966 4420 for a position description or if you have any queries.
- Looking for Adventist Employment
If you are looking to work within the Church system, please visit vic.adventist.org.au and click on Adventist Employment Opportunities.