South Pacific Division
Applications Close: 14 Feb 2019
The South Pacific Division (SPD) of the Seventh-day Adventist Church is the administrative headquarters for Australia, New Zealand and most of the South Pacific island nations. The focus of this office as a Christian organisation is the spreading of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and service to the community. The Division President provides general oversight for the Church within the South Pacific and acts as the senior spiritual guardian of the Adventist message throughout this division.
The Administrative Assistant to the President will support the function and operation of the presidential office and the Director of Programs and Strategic Projects, including undertaking designated research and special projects for both. The role will be accountable for coordinating the activities and working collaboratively with other support staff of the Division administration team, including Secretariat, Treasury and those responsible for developing and implementing strategies.
This is a full-time role that will report directly to the Division President and the Director of Programs and Strategic Projects and be based at the head office in Wahroonga NSW.
The successful candidate will have a genuine appreciation for and understanding of protocol, discretion and professionalism; be able to accept and assume responsibility; relate and work well with others and be able to interpret and make decisions in accordance with the procedures and practice of the Division office.
• Must be a practising baptised member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a strong commitment to its mission, vision and values.
• Must be eligible to hold a missionary licence with the Seventh-day Adventist church.
• Significant experience in a similar role or in an executive office setting.
• A working knowledge of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and its management and policy throughout the SPD.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritise with excellent time management skills.
• Well-developed people skills including the ability to connect and relate well to people from diverse backgrounds.
• Maintain confidentiality and professional discretion.
• Keen attention to detail with the ability to accurately process a large volume of communication.
• A high level of computer skills and office software applications.
• Demonstrate initiative and be self-motivated.
• Ability to prepare presentations and reports.
• Tertiary level qualifications.
For further information and a full job description please email email@example.com.
To apply please forward all written applications addressing the selection criteria, including your CV, three work-related referees and the contact information of your Seventh-day Adventist Church pastor, to:
Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Ltd
Locked Bag 2014
Wahroonga NSW 2076
Fax: (02) 9489 0943
Only those who have the legal right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications early.