I hesitate to write this letter because I love Big Camp and am devastated at the thought of missing another year. If Big Camp is running, I will absolutely be there with my family (pending health status of course!).

Having said that, I believe it the prudent option for the church as an organisation to not run camp.  Given the current estimates of transmission, it’s almost certain that someone would be a carrier at such a large gathering.  Even in a best-case-scenario where it were quickly contained and all health impacts mild, the reputation of the church would be damaged by severe media reporting should anyone present with the virus at such a large scale gathering organised by a church.