Health and Stewardship Ministries
Jesus offers us abundant life, full of blessings and He calls us to be faithful stewards of the abundance that He has given.
“I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly” (John 10:10)
“But whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life” (John 4:14)
We are God’s stewards of our whole being – our body, heart, mind and spirit. Health and Stewardship Ministries invite you to be physically energized, mentally focused, emotionally connected and spiritually aligned. This drives our economic engine, prompts intellectual achievements, spures genuine relationship and empowers gift-oriented ministry.
Our whole-person paradigm allows us to grow personally and equips us to minister to the people in our communities.
Please check our latest offering and resources here.
Learn more about GOD FIRST initiative, the proven Nedley Depression Recovery Program (DARP) and its associated Training Program, Complete Health Improvement Program (CHIP), FoodCents, The 10,000 Toes Campaign and others.
Health and Stewardship Ministries
Pr Andrew Jasper
0411 690 136
03 9264 7715
THE WHOLE PERSON PARADIGM
The WHOLE PERSON PARADIGM gives us a helpful tool to strategically develop the different areas of our life (endowments) God has entrusted us with. By His grace they can be developed to their highest potential.
The 4 aspects of the WHOLE PERSON PARADIGM
- Our PHYSICAL HEALTH is largely determined by our lifestyle practices including eating a simple, wholesome plant-strong diet, moving more and sitting less, drinking adequate water and getting restful sleep.
- Our EMOTIONAL HEALTH is influenced by our ability to identify and manage our emotions, rather than letting them manage us. This, in turn, allows us to more readily identify emotions in others and gives us a steady response when people may react with dysfunctional behavior toward us.
- Our MENTAL HEALTH is shaped by our thought processes. Some of those thoughts are accurate and others may not be. We actually have the ability to think about our thoughts. We form mental strength when we challenge inaccurate thoughts (cognitive distortions) and correct them to more truthful thoughts. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) forms a basis for sustainable personal change.
- SPIRITUAL HEALTH is where we come to understand our personal direction in life and how we choose to live. Many people refer to it as one’s personal compass. Your life purpose, values and conscience form from this inner discipline. This develops into a well-rounded character where integrity, love and service to others comes naturally.
The arrows in the middle indicate the integrated nature of the natural endowments. They are interdependent and neglecting any one area can impact the others.
Springing Up into everlasting life
Jesus said,“But whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.” (John 4:14)
When Jesus springs from within us, we will be
- PHYSICALLY ENERGIZED thus giving rise to our ECONOMIC ENGINE
- EMOTIONALLY CONNECTEDE and available to others leading to GENUINE RELATIONSHIP
- MENTALLY FOCUSED resulting in various kinds of INTELLECTUAL ACHIEVEMENTS, and
- SPIRITUALLY ALIGNED guiding us into an EMPOWERED MINISTRY
This will enable us to love others and endure hardship. It’s a framework that gives us handles on our personal development.
Putting God First is the ultimate fundametal principle as Christain stewards. Learn the 7 key areas where we can put God first.
One in three Australians are depressed. Learn a way out with the newly revised Depression and Anxiety Recovery Program. Train as an Associate Director or Facilitator and free your community.
With a supermarket tour, cooking and budgeting sessions, you’ll teach others how to save over $2000 on their food bill and eat healthier at the same time. Contact Andrew Jasper (firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0411 690 136) if you are interested to conduct this program at your church.
Everyone has a grievance story – yours may be killing you. From the legacy of 9/11 to the man or woman who broke your heart, to divorce, to the boss that holds you back. In a world riveted by conflict perhaps we’ve never learned how or why it’s healthy to forgive. Find out more here!
ADRA, in partnership with Adventist Health, is committed to saving the lives and limbs of those affected by diabetes which is so prevalent in the South Pactific nations. Find more on our facebook page
Get in touch