Health and Stewardship Ministries
Jesus offers us abundant life, full of blessings and He calls us to be faithful stewards of the abundance that He has given.
“I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly” (John 10:10)
“But whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life” (John 4:14)
Our whole-person paradigm allows us to grow personally and equips us to minister to the people in our communities.
Learn more about GOD FIRST initiative, the proven Nedley Depression Recovery Program (DARP) and its associated Training Program, Complete Health Improvement Program (CHIP), FoodCents, The 10,000 Toes Campaign and others.
Health and Stewardship Ministries
Pr Andrew Jasper
0411 690 136
03 9264 7715
THE WHOLE PERSON PARADIGM
The 4 aspects of the WHOLE PERSON PARADIGM
- Our PHYSICAL HEALTH is largely determined by our lifestyle practices including eating a simple, wholesome plant-strong diet, moving more and sitting less, drinking adequate water and getting restful sleep.
- Our EMOTIONAL HEALTH is influenced by our ability to identify and manage our emotions, rather than letting them manage us. This, in turn, allows us to more readily identify emotions in others and gives us a steady response when people may react with dysfunctional behavior toward us.
- Our MENTAL HEALTH is shaped by our thought processes. Some of those thoughts are accurate and others may not be. We actually have the ability to think about our thoughts. We form mental strength when we challenge inaccurate thoughts (cognitive distortions) and correct them to more truthful thoughts. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) forms a basis for sustainable personal change.
- SPIRITUAL HEALTH is where we come to understand our personal direction in life and how we choose to live. Many people refer to it as one’s personal compass. Your life purpose, values and conscience form from this inner discipline. This develops into a well-rounded character where integrity, love and service to others comes naturally.
The arrows in the middle indicate the integrated nature of the natural endowments. They are interdependent and neglecting any one area can impact the others.
Springing Up into everlasting life
Jesus said,“But whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.” (John 4:14)
When Jesus springs from within us, we will be
- PHYSICALLY ENERGIZED thus giving rise to our ECONOMIC ENGINE
- EMOTIONALLY CONNECTEDE and available to others leading to GENUINE RELATIONSHIP
- MENTALLY FOCUSED resulting in various kinds of INTELLECTUAL ACHIEVEMENTS, and
- SPIRITUALLY ALIGNED guiding us into an EMPOWERED MINISTRY
This will enable us to love others and endure hardship. It’s a framework that gives us handles on our personal development.
Stewardship eGiving App Resources
To promote the new eGiving app in your church click on the following link for a variety of resources CLICK HERE
ADRA, in partnership with Adventist Health, is committed to saving the lives and limbs of those affected by diabetes which is so prevalent in the South Pacific nations. Find our more in our Facebook page.
9-13 April 2020
Get in touch