Commonly asked questions about Big Camp

Are MEALS provided?
Non-refundable lunches can be pre-ordered and paid for with the camp application form. Should you need to order more, you can do so by ringing 03 9264 7777 and speaking to Deirdre, BEFORE March 23, 2016. No further orders can be placed after that date.
At the camp, the Camp Kiosk will be open for light evening meals, and snacks are also available from the Village Cafe and the Youth Venue.
Getting There…
Elmore is located on the junction of the Midland and Northern Highway in Cdentral Victoria. It takes about two hours to drive from Melbourne.
Melways Reference Map 31 ref B9 or click on this link for local map
Address to enter into GPS: 28 Rosaia Rd, Burnewang, Vic 3558
What ACCOMMODATION is available?
Site Only – you provide your own tent or Caravan
Site plus Conference tent – you supply all internal needs
Site plus Rent-A-Tent – you have option of supplying own furniture or renting

While we do not endorse these companies, some of our campers have hired caravans from Murray River Caravan Hire and from Epsom Park Caravan Hire.

Is REGISTRATION necessary?

Camping Registrations are essential for many reasons, including safety and security.

Registrations for activities under VicYouth (Junior and High Schooler) and Childrens registrations are essential and should be done and paid for before the camp, through the registration process. This helps with planning, but may also involve vital information for safety and security.
Day Visitor registration is also necessary, to help make the Camp experience safe for all. In 2016 we introduce a Day Visitor fee of $5 per day (no charge for children under 5) to help cover essential maintenance costs.

Why WRIST bands?
In an effort to ensure a safe environment, and for logistical reasons, wristbands are issued to all campers and visitors. We ask that everyone obtains theirs and wear them for the duration of the camp.
Can we use our CAR on the Camp Site?
Cars are permitted to drive onto the site for unpacking purposes, and can be left on your camp site throughout the weekend. But for safety we request you do not drive them around. There are several vehicles that do need to drive, and they are identified by a permit on their windscreen. Anyone driving the car too or from their site MUST be qualified to drive according to Vic Roads regulations.
Are PETS allowed?
Sorry, no. Pets are not allowed. But there are a number of Kennels and Catteries along the way from Melbourne.
Can we take BIKES?
Push Bikes are permitted, however any form of motorised recreational vehicle is not allowed.
We strongly recommend you use a lock on your bike when leavining it unattended.
What SHOPPING facilities are there?
The local township of Elmore has a bakery, supermarket and service station.
Do we need to bring DRINKING WATER with us?
There are taps clearly marked as suitable for drinking. So all you need to bring is a container to carry it and make sure you only use the correct taps.